Here is another delicious Dutch oven stew recipe. You could easily take this one and add some variations to make it the perfect stew for you.
- 2 lb stew meat, 1" cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 can (1lb 12oz) tomatoes
- ½ c flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- ⅓ c water
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- Coat beef cubes with a mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in hot oil in bottom of Dutch oven.
- While Dutch oven is still hot, pour water in and scrape brown bits from bottom.
- Place remaining ingredients into oven and cover.
- Simmer 1 to 2 hours or until meat is tender and potatoes are done.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking