Potatoes and cheese--sounds like a great combination. This Dutch Oven Cheesy Potato recipe is a delicious way to prepare potatoes when you are camping, or if you are cooking outdoors at home.
- 7-8 potatoes
- ¼- 3/4 stick butter
- Jar valvetta like cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cup milk
- Melt butter in dutch oven.
- Crush cornflakes and add to butter for one minute on fire.
- Remove cornflakes to another container.
- Cube potatoes with skins on and put into Dutch oven.
- Mix milk and soup together.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Mix in cheese with potatoes. Place cornflakes on top.
- Bake in dutch oven for 1 to 1½ hours.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking