Now we get fancy by cooking a quiche in the Dutch oven. It's a great way to cook something a little bit nicer when camping
- ¼ lb Butter
- 3 oz Cream cheese
- ½ c Flour
- 2 c Cottage Cheese (approx. 1 lb)
- 10 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 c Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Melt butter and add flour.
- Cook into a light bubbly mixture.
- Beat the eggs, milk, 3 cheeses, baking powder, salt and sugar together and stir into butter/flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour into the Dutch oven and bake 350 (which is generally 9 briquettes underneath and 15 on top of a 12" Dutch oven) for 45 min.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking