Fruit cobblers are a traditional favorite in the Dutch oven dessert world. This recipe cranks up the traditional dutch oven cobbler dessert and makes it even more rich and tasty.
- 1 (30 oz.) can sliced peaches; drained
- 1 (30 oz.) can sliced apricots; drained
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy duty foil.
- Add all the fruit, almond extract, cinnamon, and ½ cup of the dry cake mix. Stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl mix together the remaining cake mix and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour the batter over the top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes using 8-10 briquettes on the bottom and 14-16 briquettes on the top until topping is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking