If you like Dutch oven desserts, here is a great lemon dessert recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup soft butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Dash of salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup lemon juice (or try lime juice or half and half)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon rind, chopped fine (try lime rind)
- Line a 12" Dutch oven with baker's parchment.
- Blend the flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt and spread over the bottom of the Dutch oven
- Combine the eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon rind and pour over cookie crust. Bake for 10 min.
- Remove oven from bottom heat and add the bottom briquets to top.
- Continue cooking with top heat until mixture sets up, 15-20 minutes or until toothpick removes clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Let cool. Cut into wedges.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking