The 7th Outdoor Cooking Magic Challenge has been selected! I decided to use a magazine as the source of my recipe for the 7th challenge. Taste of Home publishes several recipe magazines, such as Simple and Delicious. I'm selecting from Light & Tasty, which I don't believe is published anymore, but is replaced by Healthy Cooking. These magazines have lots of recipes, lot of tips, and are a great source of some delicious dishes.
The recipe that I randomly picked was Hot Dog Stew. At first glance I wasn't convinced, but the recipes in this magazine have always been pretty good, so we are going to try it. We'll probably dress it up some, but here's the original recipe that we will use for the challenge:
- 1 pkg (14 oz) reduced-fat hot dogs, cut into ½" slices
- 1 can (11½ oz) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10¾ oz) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 oz) pork and beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried minced onions
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- ⅔ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Brown the hot dogs in a skillet.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the evaporated milk.
- Cover and cook on low heat until all is heated.
- Stir in the milk and heat through again.
Here's the video selecting this recipe.
Please join me in cooking this recipe. I would love to hear how you changed it and how it turned out for you!