When you are camping, it's nice to have something hot but easy to cook in the morning. This breakfast casserole provides the perfect combination.
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 pounds of sausage
- 16 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 qt. Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty foil. Lightly grease the foil with butter.
- Break up bread into the oven.
- Crumble cooked sausage meat over bread and cover with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs (lightly beaten), milk, dry mustard, and 1 tsp. salt (to taste).
- Pour the egg mixture over the layered bread/sausage/cheese in the oven, cover, and bake for 35 - 40 minutes, checking occasionally.
- The cheese rises to the top, melting into a golden brown crust over a fluffy layer of eggs.
P.S., For more Dutch Oven Recipes, I recommend Best of the Black Pot. It has some delicious recipes and is great whether you are an beginner or an expert in Dutch oven cooking